What services does your organization provide?
The Alzheimer Society of Guelph-Wellington is a non-profit organization that was established in 1987. It is governed by a local volunteer Board of Directors and affiliated with the Alzheimer Society of Ontario (Provincial) and the Alzheimer Society of Canada (National).
The Alzheimer Society offers a variety of services including:
- Caregiver support groups
- Support groups for those experiencing the early stages of memory loss
- One-to-one support
- Education sessions and information series
- Volunteer Companion Program
- Safely Home: Wandering person registry
- Resource libraries: Activity Resource Library, Education Resource Library, and Safety Equipment Library
- Annual Allies in Aging conference held in October
- Quarterly newsletter outlining upcoming education sessions, fundraising events, and helpful information on Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.