What services does your organization provide?
Since its inception EAB has delivered a variety of innovative environmental services and program for the community such as
1. Recycling Depot
2. Resource Centre
3. Energuide for Houses
4. Ecology Garden
5. Earth Action Interpreters
6. Greenspace Pesticide Campaign
7. Take Action Newspletter
In 2002 EAB changed its name and its vision. Its new name became EAB Living Green. EAB became a service club dedicated to promoting a safe and healthy environment and helping our community to live green. A new website was created to provide easy access to credible information to help citizens become active participants in community activities and government policies that impact our environment.
Since 1992 we have been involved in the following activities:
The Barrie Telecommuting Project -The first survey of Canadian commuters' attitudes. Solutions:
1. Telecommunicate from home.
2. Telecommunicate from a professional office such as Suiteworks.
3. Part-time telecommunicate from home.
- Windcatcher's Project -a project to harvest sustainable energy using wind power
- Queen's Park Adoption- we pick up trash on a regular basis
- Lakeshore Clean-Up-annual clean -up under the leadership of the Great Canadian Shore Clean-Up
- Green Screen Events-we invite the public to attend and discuss pertinent environmental films
- Informational Speakers-we speak to schools, services clubs etc. on environmental topics
- Tree Planting -we get involved in tree planting projects whenever possible
- Host /Participate in Environmental Events-we have hosted and participated in a variety of events such as Active transportation
- Website Research-we prepare articles on relevant environmental topics for our website
- Website Management-we pay a computer person to manage our website
- Question/Answers-we try to answer all questions sent to us via email
- Nifty Thrifty Barrie Free Clothing Centre-we sponsor this centre located at 110 Dunlop Street