Canadian University, College and Employment DirectoryEmail Canada Volunteer on Facebook Canada Volunteer on Twitter

Custom Search

Volunteer in Minesing, Ontario

| Home | Ontario |

Information about volunteering and helping the 1 non-profit and charitable organizations located in Minesing, Ontario.

You can narrow or expand these results from the menu to the right by selecting locations near Minesing, other locations in Ontario, choosing a category of interest or a specific organization by name.



The Ontario Electric Railway Historical Association

Friends of the Simcoe County Museum
1151 Highway 26 W, Minesing, Ontario

The Simcoe County Museum was created in 1928 by Women's Institute members Mrs. C.P. Stocking and Mrs. R.A. Sutherland. The collection was first displayed at the Barrie Public Library, then the Barrie Registry Office. In the 1950s, the County of Simcoe took responsibility for the collection, and the first wing of the Museum was opened on Highway 26 (at the current location) in 1962. Over the years, the museum has grown significantly, and now is composed of a five gallery facility with sixteen outdoor heritage and display buildings.

Keywords: Museums and Archives · History · Arts and Culture

Volunteer Profile of Friends of the Simcoe County Museum






Volunteering in Minesing





Volunteering in Ontario



Locations near Minesing


(9 km): Utopia

(13 km): Barrie

(20 km): Stayner

(22 km): Innisfil

(30 km): Alliston

(31 km): Collingwood

(35 km): Midland

(37 km): Orillia

(37 km): Keswick

(38 km): Penetanguishene


Volunteer in Canada by Province


Canada

Alberta

British Columbia

Manitoba

New Brunswick

Newfoundland

NWT


Nova Scotia

Nunavut

Ontario

PEI

Quebec

Saskatchewan

Yukon

Latest Volunteer Profiles
in Minesing
- (add profile)


The Ontario Electric Railway Historical Association Friends of the Simcoe County Museum

The Simcoe County Museum was created in 1928 by Women's Institute members Mrs. C.P. Stocking and Mrs. R.A. Sutherland. The collection was first displayed at the Barrie Public Library, then the Barrie Registry Office. In the 1950s, the County of Simcoe took responsibility for the collection, and the first wing of the Museum was opened on Highway 26 (at the current location) in 1962. Over the years, the museum has grown significantly, and now is composed of a five gallery facility with sixteen outdoor heritage and display buildings.



Volunteer in Minesing
by Category


Arts and Culture

History

Museums and Archives



Custom Search

Copyright 2017 - Hecterra Publishing Inc. - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service